Technitherm® cavity wall stabilisation and insulation system is Isothane’s injected polyurethane foam product and has a 25 year track record of providing insulation and stabilisation to properties across the British Isles. Its closed cell properties mean that it is suitable for many different types of domestic and commercial properties including some previously thought to be unsuitable for cavity wall insulation.
It holds a British Board of Agrement Certificate, number 97/3426 and LABC certification, EWWS598 and is only installed by an approved installer.
Technitherm® is suitable for
- Stone properties including those with random cavities
- Properties with failed or missing wall-ties
- High rise buildings
- Properties with no damp proof course
- Properties located in exposure to wind driven rain areas or that are prone to flooding
- Variable cavities
It is the only product to pass both the BRE (British Research Establishment) Flood Resilience Test and to meet their requirements for use in walls with defective or missing damp proof courses
Technitherm® has a huge number of benefits for owners of all types of properties.
- Keeps your home warmer so heating bills are lower.
- Reduces draughts making your property feel more comfortable.
- Suitable for most types of hard to treat homes with cavity walls.
- Is installed externally in most instances causing minimal disruption to the property owners.
- Solves penetrating damp problems.
- Protects against wind driven rain.
- Provides flood resilience protection.
- Reduces condensation and mould growth on the insides of external walls.
- Non-absorbent so will not cause damp.
- Gives structural stability to properties where there are missing or failed wall-ties through its ability to adhere inner and outer leaves of properties together.
- Suitable for insulating uneven width cavities.
- Improves the energy efficiency rating of the property
Technitherm® is a CFC and HCFC FREE dual component polyurethane foam which complies with the requirements of BS 7457:1994 for the stabilisation and thermal insulation of masonry cavity walls.
Technitherm® is used for the stabilisation of masonry cavity walls by strongly adhering the inner and outer leaves together and as such is a convenient and cost effective alternative to metal cavity wall tie replacement.
Its excellent thermal insulation properties means improved U-values are achieved. For a standard construction 65 mm cavity U-values of 0.33 Wm²K are achieved and in a 100mm standard construction cavity the U-value is 0.22 Wm²K.